Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chaos into Order

So I am currently reading this book which I actually picked up a few years ago called How to Become a Professional Organizer.  This book makes me very happy.  I really think this is something I could be really good at!  As I mentioned before, those that know me have seen my place and can vouch for my organizational skills lol.  I just really like turning chaos into order.  Does it not make sense to have everything in a place where you can find it?  Now I live in a one bedroom apartment which is pretty small so it allowed me to get pretty creative in how I could fit all of my belongings.  Most importantly my shoes!  They are neatly stowed away in a flat plastic bin under my bed.  They will never get dusty or dirty and are out of the way of getting damaged.  Once I figure out how to post pictures I will put them all up for you so that you can see.  For today I wanted to tell you about how I store my hair stuff.  When I moved into my apartment I didn't realize that I had no outlet to blow dry my hair...obviously a building built in the 1960's by a man.  Silliness I tell you.  So I had to come up with an idea.  Fortunately my room is a fair size so I went out and bought this really neat looking box shelf thing and put two storage bins inside them to house my blow dryer, hair brushes, curling iron, straightener and various other hair related items.  Now these bins are just bins, they are zebra striped which compliments my taste.  Organization doesn't not have to be responsible and boring, it can be really fun!  Stay tuned for my next segment!

No comments:

Post a Comment